I think my remaining four fuzzy ones realize this is a new phase in their furry little lives. Ellie Mae knows she can move about the house without fear now; AmyLou knows she can sleep with me without worrying over Bubba; Goober is the male around the house just as he always figured (no matter that he is half Bubba's size).... and Daisy Mae? Well, Daisy is Daisy!
There are four cats in my house. They are my companions. They require no more than a full dish of food and a clean litter box. They are content.
Gotta go! I've things to do - today's project = prime some trim in the bedroom and activity room in preparation for Sharba's next working visit. That's right! By week's end those two rooms will be ready for floor covering and furniture!
Just a note...
One year ago today...
That day... that moment... when your soul left your body, I knew.
We will no longer walk together along the beach
...hearing the sounds of nature around us,
enjoying a contented peaceful togetherness.
Many souls joined you that day.
As Hurricane Katrina blew in,
my best friend drifted free.
Shall I scream? ...or cry? ...perhaps wring my hands in despair?
...or wallow in the muddy substance of self-pity, mourning my loss?
No! I will celebrate the release of your beautiful soul...
...from it's prison of muscle, skin and bone...
...to the freedom of God's universe!
a bit of Monday Madness
1. Do you do dishes by hand or do you use a dishwasher? My dishwasher!!! It helps me keep the kitchen looking neat - theoretically! I do wash my 'stick-free' pans by hand because the dishwasher detergent & hot water makes them look dull and I feel they need to be seasoned again after.
2. How many people have your cell phone number? ...more than necessary. I gave it away to everybody during my 'broken foot period' and this one guy seems to have 'lost' my home phone number!
3. Do you shower in the morning or at night? Depends on what's happening the next day. Actually, if I have an early morning appointment, I prefer showering the night before because I have a difficult time moving in the morning.
4. Do you ever have a song 'stuck' in your head? Yes... for some reason I have a Christmas song that goes through my head a lot.
5. Do you pay your bills when they arrive, or do you wait until closer to the due date to pay them? When they arrive!!! I have in the past set them aside and actually had to pay interest on bills I pay in full every month! Don't like that so I pay early.
6. Are you obsessive about anything in particular? yes
7. What one thing would you say you have a zero tolerance for? Don't call me 'dear' or 'sweety' or 'honey' or any other condescending endearments!!! I'm a grownup. Doesn't my gray hair give you a clue?
My Furry Family
Today I finally spent some time playing on the internet. I created this collage of pictures with fd's Flickr Toys. If you store some of your photos at flickr, you too can play with them!!! Try it. You'll like it! I know I do.
This grouping - aka mosaic - was inspired by the new kitty toy I purchased last week. Each & every one of my furry family loves to play with it. They love playing with the ball - and never lose the thing! The center also serves as scratching pad & all of them love it... and use it often.
I'm thinking when my remodel is complete there will be more of these toys... in different rooms! I don't see that bad ol' furniture scratching so much any more. Do you suppose this is the cure? Yup, that's right... all of my kitties still have their little claws. ;-)
1. Would you shave your head for any amount of money? If yes, how much? Yes... for one million dollars or more... but only if there were no other requirements. For instance, I would insist on wearing a wig until it grew out. ;-)
2. What "whacky" thing might you do for a large sum of money? Guess I'm really not ambitious enough (or want the money so bad) that I can think of any other than your suggestion. The shaving thing seems relatively harmless. After all, hair does grow back!
3. What do you think is a "large sum of money?" depends on if I found it... or lost it!
4. Do you watch "reality" tv shows? yes
5. If so, which do you watch and in what order do you prefer them? If not, are there any you may consider watching? Survivor is a big #ONE! Been watching it since it started. I sort of watch The Biggest Loser now and again... and after hearing about The Big Race (or whatever it's called) I watch it sometimes. Oh yeah! Then there's 'Wife Swap' or whatever it's called - where the wives switch families!!! I guess I'm becoming a reality show junky.... :-( Order of preference? 1 = Survivor; 2 = Wife Swap; 3 = Biggest Loser; 4 = Big Race.... and during summer when all is reruns I've been watching, make it #5 = Big Brother.
6. Which reality show have you thought about participating in? Why? The one I'd be best at is Wife Swap, so if they made a Mother-in-law Swap, I might do it. The one I should do is Biggest Loser.
7. Share one thing you would like to do in life but have not yet done..... think about why you haven't done it and share if you wish. well okay... I guess I should learn to swim without being terrified when I can't touch bottom!
Future of Air Travel...
It's Monday and there's Madness in the air!
Now for a bit of Monday Madness :
1. Are you working on any big projects around your house right now? Yes
2. If so, tell us about it; if not, do you have any plans to do so in the near future? Finishing a few remodeling projects that were started by my husband. So far I have two good-sized rooms where there was one very large room. The ceilings were falling down - a result of installation techniques that were recommended in the 1970's but proved unreliable. The room had been a living room some time ago. It will now be a bedroom and (for me) an activity room. Having new air-conditioners installed... as good as central air and better than the window conditioners that 'died' last week. Since my house is heated with hot water pipes, I have no ductwork for conventional central air.
Also in this remodel is included some work on the bathroom and having the house and garage painted on the outside. This is really a big job - a relatively big house. Next year I tackle the two downstairs rooms, and the hallway to it, as well as a small storage room - all in the newer part of the house. Hey! What can I say? I'm on a roll.
3. How do you generally pay for merchandise at your local store? Debit, credit, check, or cash? I use credit card because I don't like to carry cash. You always have to worry about if you have enough... I pay the card off every month and accumulate a bonus refund as my reward. It's sort of like getting a discount on everything I buy!
4. Which month of the year seems to go by the fastest? Lately they all go too fast!
5. Which day of the week seems to go by the fastest? I think if I was still a 'working lady' I'd have to say Sunday but since I'm retired, basically, all of them go faster than I want. I never seem to have time for everything I want to do.
6. Have you taken up any new hobbies lately? No but I plan to reactivate some of my old ones - especially scrapbooking and oil painting.
Today Otto & her hubby visited me for another work day! Our friend who has been prepping the house for painting - just finished cleaning the deck today - told me some of the shrubs should be trimmed back so they can get to the house for painting.
Well these big ol' junipers just grow faster every time we trim them back so I decided we should just cut them down. I have a whole 'nuther grouping of them at one edge of the property line so it's not like I'm getting rid of all! I LIKE the new look! It gives me a whole pallette for new landscaping after the painting is done. It just keeps getting better and better. ;-)
Darn! ...and I really could go for some ice cream!
Just got an invite to go out for an ice cream cone. Here I am in my jammies already! I guess that'll learn me, won't it? Well I really needed the shower after mowing an acre of lawn today... and hey! what's easier than putting on your jammies a bit early? Got a promise that wouldn't stop them from asking me next time.
Like my Boop? She was my desk calendar for August 4... just had to add a bit of color to the lady! This oughtta motivate me 'til the big trip this fall. Just might put her on my desk top too.
Oh! Didn't I tell you about Hawaii? A couple of my girls want to take me on vacation to Molokai. My current remodel/redecorating schedule should be complete by the time we go... and my friends next door promised to take care of my furry little family while I'm gone.
No, we're not going now... we're waiting for a bit of cold weather to hit. Will talk about it more another day. It's enough just to say I'm ready, willing, able and super-excited about it... and not gonna talk about it much until after the fact. Don't want to jinx anything.
Who knows? Travel may become a habit with this ol' gal! ;-)
Have a great weekend.
just a quicky note...
Been busy... still am.... will be back SOON. ;-)
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!
These are the colors I decided on... Inverness (the darker green for my main color where it's currently a dark red) and Leapfrog (for the vertical panelling, currently a beige primer in front and worn out stain in back). This secondary color is really a second main color because the back of my house is entirely vertical panel on the upper part... and currently stained an 'up north' sort of natural brown. I'm convinced it will look equally 'up northy' painted the lighter green color. Since I have a deck across the entire back of my house, this is an important thing to me. I live in farm country - rapidly growing into residential - but still have a farmer's field beyond the back yard instead of neighbors.
I know! I led everybody astray with the Fired Brick for a main color... but Otto reminded me that I'm repainting the whole house and can go with any color I want! Duh!!! I really like the greens so why didn't I think of that?
Just a note: Our friend (and my daughter) Sharba is getting serious about photography! Visit her photo place at Sharba's Pix. I also want to remind you to share your favorite five photos for the month at my newest photo meme: Favorite 5 Photos. You can still share your favorites for July but today I'm planning to update so you can share your favorite August pix as well!!!
Now for a bit of Monday Madness: Thank you, OttO!!! I wish you'd hurry up and get your house done so you will have more time for blogging on your regular blog too.
1. Do you have a photo blog? If so, feel free to share the link with us! Yes, my photo blog is called: Sherle's Photos.
2. How many pets do you own, and what are their names? If none, have you had a favorite pet in the past? I have five cats & five fish - at least I think there's five! The tank needs cleaning really bad. ;-) My fish don't have names - I just call them fishy, fishy! The cats, in order of age are : Bubba, Daisy Mae, Goober, Ellie May, and the baby is: Amy Lou Mae (also known as Amy Lou Mae Joe Bob!!! cuz that's what Natalie (Otto) calls her.
3. How many times a week does the carpet in your house get vacuumed? No carpet? How many times a MONTH do your floors get mopped? carpet - once a week on a good week. Mopped floors? - once a month in a good month. FYI, when my first child was born, I mopped the floors every day. She never even got her knees dirty! The second child - mopped once a week. Ended up with six kids - you do the math! ;-)
4. Which room in your house do you spend the most time in? living room/dining room - it all sort of merges into one. When my remodel is finished I'll probably spend a lot of time in my new activity room!
5. Have you read any good books lately? yes... then I passed it on to Otto! James Patterson - First to Die. Right now I'm reading 'Black Cat' by V.C. Andrews... passed on to me from... tah dah!... Otto!
6. What is your biggest source of news? (Newspaper? Television? Radio? Other?) TV - Fox News - what can I say? Old habits die hard.