6.06.2002

It's still going - been happening for about three minutes so far! What? The siren at the prison across the river from us! It goes for about five minutes before shutting off - but not to worry folks. The first time I ever noticed it (after retiring from 20 years work in the neighboring city) - I phoned our police department to find out if there was a prison break.

I was "reassured" by the officer who told me, "Don't worry ma'am It's just a practice to see if the siren works. If there was a real prison break they probably wouldn't even use the siren." WELL! That certainly reassured me!!! So here's my dilemma - Should I carry my pistol when out in my yard today?... should I only carry it when the siren DOESN'T sound?... and more importantly, what are my neighbors doing?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?