Sharba has new pix at Sharba's Pix! She also posted on her blog! Hmmm! Why can't Jan get on her old version? (Jan, contact me! I sent you an email about that.) OttO posted a new one about a month ago & somehow I missed that until this morning... duh! me! If you've not seen it yet, she has a great night shot of workers replacing a power pole after an icey motor mishap (not hers)... check it out! Maybe it will motivate her to get blogging again. ;-)
Not a Diet...
...it's a lifestyle change; first time since the biggy when the husband left his earthly body. Here's the plan:
- Count calories - only thing that ever worked for me. Found a great place on line that does it all for you. It's called My Calorie Counter and my blog & journal is here. It keeps track of calories (input and output) and charts your progress! You don't have to show all that info but it works for me so I do! It helps to have a buddy so if anybody wants to go it with me, join up and let me know!
- Use exercise equipment - formerly used for extra clothing storage and coatracks for company. Yes, I have a stationary bike and treadmill and will start using them every day. Might possibly make exceptions on days when I'm 'out and about.'
- Cook for myself and, in general, use the kind of recipes I used for Frank. Honest!!! We ate healthy, even when I didn't lose weight! I controlled the fats & used more veggies and fruits for balance. Since he's gone I've begun eating out again and eat more fats and less veggies and fruits. Looking at my daily food journal will definitely help accomplish this goal.
- Get a life! He died; I didn't. I know he doesn't want me to vegetate.
Had a break from cabin fever earlier this week. Went out for breakfast with Jack & Jacquie and the same day took mom out for dinner. It was a full day but yes... loads of fun! Good people, good food - what more can one ask for? I guess you might say it was the big binge that made me decide to try to get back to reality! No, not gonna stop going out... just plan to be more realistic with every day eating. I think I've been adjusting (or not) to my first time ever living alone by doing what lots of people do when they're 'on their own' for the first time. The difference is... I know better!
The kitty in the pic? No, I didn't acquire another!!! It's my mom's! Isn't she a beauty?
...and oh yes, Monday Madness - today mine shows up on Friday. OttO (Monday Madness) says, 'Sorry, folks! I'm running a bit late (again)! Hope all is well and you all have a wonderful week. Thanks for playing Monday Madness. The following 2 questions come from our friend, tricia... Thanks, Tricia, and thanks for the idea!'
1. Do you ever use all caps when typing online messages? no... I sometimes use caps on one word... sort of shouting on purpose. ;-)
2. Does it bother you when other people use all caps in their messages? not really because I don't think they know what it means.
3. Do you use abbreviations (i.e. lol, brb, etc.) when typing email messages or text messages? not usually because I don't know what most of them mean... but I DO use fyi and btw quite often. Does that mean I should have said yes?
4. Do you ever receive faxes or other correspondence from a professional office that are typed in all caps? If so, what do you think of that? actually, no.
5. Do you rely on the computer program to catch your typing errors, or do you proofread your material before sending it out? My spelling and grammar are actually pretty good so I usually ignore what my computer program corrects... unless it's a business letter or document. Most of my casual 'errors' are actually done on purpose. ;-)