Delusions and Confessions...
Yes, I did turn it off yesterday... but partly because I have some favorites on HGTV... at least until I get some redecorating and remodeling completed. So far today I just don't want to miss a thing. Good heavens... some days my life seems like a soap opera but this story becomes more mesmerizing as it progresses! No, I will not Tivo it.
Yes, I am afraid! Of what? Oh, didn't I mention? I just learned about a new medical condition. It's called Barrett's Esophagus. Never heard of it before... never heard of GERD... rarely have heartburn.... and I feel absolutely great!!! Had heartburn during pregnancy and recently started having it on a regular basis after taking Fosamax for osteoporosis. Yes, I am aware that Prilosec, a treatment for Barrett's Esophagus, is known to weaken the bones. Yes, my primary physician has already taken corrective action... changing my osteoporosis medication and strongly advising to take the Prilosec!
Why am I afraid? She has impressed on my mind that Barrett's Esophagus is a precancerous condition. Now I've just read in the above mentioned website:
'Surprisingly, as many as 40% of patients who are diagnosed with an esophageal adenocarcinoma (Barrett's associated cancer) deny ever having typical heartburnor GERD symptoms, such as burning chest pain or regurgitation of acid.'Okay, so I'm afraid but will not dwell on it. I feel great and will conscientiously follow doctor's orders and do everything in my power to maintain my health.
I'm superstitious! A year or two ago an environmental extremist weirdo female advised me that I should not go around 'bragging about my good health in public'. Since then my husband died and two of my family pets have died. Logic tells me it's coincidence. Short of poisoning our food or drink, that witch has no way to cause ill health in my household!
I'm religious! I pray and ask for your prayers as well.
I'm an optimist! I honestly believe I am as healthy as I feel. I believe maintenance is important in life... be it your home, your car, or most of all your own body!
I dislike housework of all kinds, including laundry! ...so I save it up, do it in one day and get it out of my way until it really needs it again.
Also, sounds like I'm self-centered! Hmmm! Perhaps I am. I do know, however, that in order to love others one must love oneself... and I think I do. Since my best friend, my spouse, died, I need to be my own best friend... and so I am.
1:19 PM 2/22/2007
Talk about drama! One of the lawyers just collapsed in the courtroom. Turns out he's diabetic and needed sustenance. Judge just announced he wants to wrap up testimony today because he wants to announce his decision tomorrow! ...and this is just to determine who gets custody of the body! I can hardly wait for the parental custody portion. Hope that judge is dramatic as this one!
Tell me... am I 'normal'?
Wednesday - Midweek Mumbling...
This cute little tiger aka Miss Kitty, shown below helping me play Spider Solitaire is the reason I must keep those blossoms on top of one piece of furniture she still can't jump up on! She doesn't do it to be mean but the little critter is the most curious cat ever to have moved in with me! She follows me everywhere and tries to figure out how everything works. She still hasn't grown into those ears either.
Celebrity Losers: Poor pitiful blondes seem to be particularly in the national headlines lately. First it was Anna Nicole Smith birthing a baby girl and losing her firstborn immediately after. Not enough that two men claimed fatherhood of that baby... after the mom dies from what is probably a drug reaction, even more creeps come out of the woodwork claiming fatherhood! People took advantage of the poor woman when she was alive and continue even now that she's dead. News media were the worst and still won't let it go. I've resorted to watching Animal Planet and HGTV during the interim. I guess there is no real news any more!
...so BS (that would be Britney Spears Shears) decides she's not getting her share of the news and goes beserk - in & out and in & out and back in... to rehab, shaving her head during the interim! Not to mention all the others that have gone in and out of rehab (the new celebrity status symbol), I ask, who cares??? It's all a lot of B.S. but they sure do give us reason to believe the old saying... 'Money is the root of all evil.' Wouldn't it be a goofy world if we all acted out like that?
Gee I'm glad I'm me!!!
...and finally - Monday Madness!
OttO says, 'This week's questions come from 3 of our fellow MM participants. Thanks to you all for your faithful participation in my meme! =) ' These were tough but good ones!!
From sleeping mermaid:
If you could rewrite one pivotal moment in history, good or
bad, to make a change, which moment would that be AND what are some of the consequences that you believe might come from that change? I believe even if you could change a historical moment, the consequences would remain... perhaps just at a different moment. I guess I mean that whatever 'it' is, it was meant to happen.
What's the most unusual hobby you have? How did you get started with it? sailing... may not be unusual to some but can you sail? How did I get started? I wanted to do it so we bought a sailboat and sailed it!
Name one thing for each of the following:
Favorite smell lemony
Favorite texture fluffy
Favorite view my backyard
Favorite sound laughter
Favorite taste savory
It's Monday again...
1. How do you celebrate Valentine's Day? When my family were children, I usually baked a heart-shaped cake for them. Usually made sure to have some conversation heart candies around the house too. Okay, okay... I also sometimes baked the heart-shaped cake for the Bug's birthday on February 10 and/or the husband's birthday on January 30 too!
2. Name a special gift you received during Valentine's Day. Last year - my first Valentine's Day alone - Natalie (OttO) gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates with a pair of little froggy lovers on top. Yes, I love little froggies! It was really extra special because I think most of my family, including me, were still unsure of how to deal with some special occasions. Well gosh, wouldn't you know? A photo of that valentine was still on my little 'puter!
3. Define Love using each letter: L.O.V.E.
L ook past any shortcomings.
O pen your mind to his/her thoughts and ideas.
V alentine's Day - celebrate it more than once a year.
E mphasize the positive and be E nthusiastic.
Thanks Rach!!! Great questions and challenging too. Thank you!
OttO says, 'Thanks to all of you who suggested questions. If I haven't been to your site yet to grab them, I will be there soon! This week's questions come from karen. Great questions, Karen! =)'
1. What is your favorite main course to prepare? For me it depends on the season, the weather and what sort of mood I might be in at the time but when in doubt, you can't beat a good stirfry dish! My favorite supermarket often has frozen cocktail shrimp on sale (buy 1, get 1 free) and I like to keep frozen stirfry veggies on hand, so it's quick and easy. Start cooking rice and while it's cooking, pull tails off the shrimp, combine soy sauce with a few favorite spices in a wok or big frypan... toss in the veggies, cook a few minutes, add the shrimp until heated through and serve!
2. What is your favorite side dish to prepare? Just can't miss with a simple salad with dressings on the side. Actually, for a group, I like to create a mini-salad bar with all kinds of trimmings.
3. Do you like to bake? If so, what is your favorite? Yes. My favorite bread machine recipe is Jalapeno Corn Bread. My most frequently baked item (not from a box) is probably Apple Crisp.
4. What one dish would you like to learn to cook? Hmm! Guess I'd have to think about this one awhile.
5. What is your worst cooking disaster? brown rice in the microwave. I guess I haven't mastered how to set it for 50% and in 5 minutes I not only burnt the rice but melted the Tupperware bowl!!! Would have started a fire in the oven if I hadn't noticed the odor!!!
Don't believe me? There it is... on the left. The round thing under it is the microwave turntable. Yes, I was able to clean that! I still buy brown rice... it's good for you. I buy rice in a bag.
Labels: monday madness