8.23.2002

This evening I was stung by a paper wasp!... may not be earthshaking to most, but I'm really nervous about it. First time I was stung - it was a wasp - on the back of my leg behind my knee - right in my own bed at home! Within a few hours it was swollen all the way to the ankle and turning dark. Was told that's pretty big reaction and since it means an allergy to bee stings I began carrying an epi-pen. Been stung since but did not want to use the epi-pen unless I REALLY needed, so I just took a couple of Benadryl and hoped for the best.

My doctor said I should not bother with the epi-pen since I don't use it anyway and it has to be thrown away after a year. So I no longer carry one. I was stung around 8:30 p.m. The area has grown to about 4 inches in diameter and red. Pam was stung by the same type critter last weekend after the men destroyed their nest under the deck of their travel trailer.Apparently they started up a new nest under the deck in the narrow passageway between our two cottages.

That's where they like to nest - they like the wood - they feast on it! Watching it, hoping it doesn't keep growing - hoping the injury cleaner and it's companion anti-itch stuff combined with the Benadryl will make it stop. Whatta ya gonna do? The first sting was about twenty years ago.... and now all of a sudden I'm a target!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?