11.17.2003

Monday Madness
Well the holiday season is fast approaching and that means shopping, decorating and baking! Have fun!
1. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? If not, when will you be starting?

It's way too early for me to start Christmas shopping. I like to get it all done in the last two weeks before Christmas... lots of bargains and the pressure to get it done. I really dislike shopping in general! One exception, i will order the annual holiday government bonds for my grandchildren about a month in advance of the holiday.

2. What are your favorite holiday goodies (baked goods, etc.)?
When we had kids in the house we baked cookies... lots of cookies! Part of the fun was the group activity of cutting, baking and decorating the cookies. I don't do that anymore because of the calories. Who do you think will eat all those cookies, huh? Husband always wanted me to bake a fruitcake, but i really don't like the taste of traditional fruitcakes. I still like to make my own peanut brittle, but don't always get to it soon enough to have ready for the family holiday get-together. One thing I do always is a Chex Mix... extra spicey, extra greasy, with lots of nuts!

3. Do you decorate for Christmas? Inside, outside or both? When will you be putting your decorations up?
Definitely i decorate for Christmas... inside only however. Contrary to my family's favorites, we use an artificial tree. They don't live here anymore and the artificial one is just easier and paid for. Years ago i got 'fancy' with an all new 'decorator' tree, designed by me, of course, but went back to traditional which is, not only easier, but prettier to me! I have all kinds of Christmas decorations created by my kids and grandkids and wouldn't trade any of them for all the Tiffany decorations in the world!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?