A few things i want to talk about.....
- Martha Stewart: If I ever have to be on trial before a jury, please do not allow a jury full of women! Women are harder on other women. Women are always the most critical of other women. Women are least likely to mentor other women. I don't know why. I don't understand it. I am a woman and a mother of women. I empathize with other women. The decision of that mostly female jury disgusts me. Martha was used as the white collar 'whipping boy.'
- Property Taxes: Pretty abstract photo, eh? Guess what it is. It's my back yard yesterday... completely filled with river water! We've had at least one flood per year ever since we moved here more than 40 years ago. Only once it entered our house... the '100 year flood' that happened in September 1986. It's coming too close for comfort this year and we didn't have all that much rain... just a lot of quick melting ice and snow, lots of run-off and a dam spilling over up north. We received a notice again as we do every year... the taxes are going up again! This is in the face of the fact that there is a class action lawsuit going on right now concerning land in the flood plain. Because of that lawsuit and a determination by the DNR of too much dioxin in the soil, our property is supposedly worth less, not more! To see pics of yesterday and again today at noon, go here.
- On a lighter note, LeapDay 2004: Perhaps you've visited my web album about my extra day in 2004, created in participation with sh1ft.org's LeapDay challenge. Well, that album was all about what i did approximately every hour during the day, so that album only contains some of the photos i took that day. Click on this paragraph's title to see the rest of the photos.
- Otto's Adoptables and Blinkies: Have you been there lately? She has some really cute stuff! Her latest creations include a bit of red, white, and blue. See my collection here on the left. Aren't they adorable? That gal is so talented!
- Omarosa got fired! Yay! She's caused nothing but trouble with her team ever since The Apprentice started.
- Survivor AllStars finally voted the naked guy off the island! He's a disgusting excuse for a human being... humiliating Susan, who seems to be such a strong woman. It disturbs me that she quit. Who can figure? Now tonight i saw a headline on the Fox News channel... Hatch is apparently getting married. Really? What self-respecting guy would want him? I ask you!