8.02.2004


Home Sweet Home (away from home)! Posted by HelloWe've been spending lots of time 'up north' lately. We have a little cottage there... actually two little cottages, one for us and one for sharing! It's not much but it's ours and a nice little place where we can retreat from the homefront!

When our kids were young we had a houseboat... sort of a floating cottage you might say. Had loads of fun with it, with them, and taking trips via Michigan's waterways! Kids grew up, we took to sailing for awhile. Had fun, had adventures... and I still love to sail, but on a small boat and close to shore.

Had a pop-up trailer for awhile but it was not all that comfortable, so we went to a trailer complete with slideout room. It was cozy but dragging it around was not at all like taking our trips via water. Seasonal parking for trailers proved to be less than desirable so when we saw the potential in our little cottage right on the waterfront we grabbed it! Just wanted to share this photo of it. Nothing pretentious, just like me!

...and now, here's my Monday Madness
.......True or False:
1. I always exercise my right to vote. TRUE!
2. I pay little or no attention to the campaign ads aired on television prior to a presidential election. TRUE!
3. I can see myself running for some type of political office someday. FALSE!
4. I believe we will see a woman become president in my lifetime. unfortunately TRUE... I say unfortunately because of the women who are being prepared for the job. We have a woman governor and she is extreme in everything she does... photo ops are just that... in one door and out the other... and Mrs. Clinton is no better.
5. I try to keep an open mind regarding all political issues. TRUE
6. I believe the drinking age should be raised. FALSE
7. I think the legal age to vote should be raised. FALSE
8. I thought these qustions were interesting. TRUE
9. I will be back to play again! TRUE
~Bonus Question~ (stole this idea from wild fl0w3r!)
10. If I was the moderator of this meme, one question I would ask is........ What's "it" all about, anyway? :-) Chew on that one awhile, OttO! Love you.
...here's a bonus for you OttO... Conservative or Liberal?

...and last week's Monday Madness
1. Skipping and Running - skipping, if my knees didn't hurt.
2. Coke or Pepsi - Diet Pepsi!!!
3. Rock or Hip Hop - really old fashioned rock 'n roll type of Rock!
4. Laptop or Desktop - both... each has it's purpose for me
5. Cold Weather or Hot Weather - If that was my only choices I'd go with hot. You can always get in the shade somewhere or in an air-conditioned building.
6. Swimming or Bicycling - bicycling... I just barely know how to swim
7. Chocolate or Vanilla - Chocolate!!!
8. Day or Night - Day... I LOVE the sunshine!
9. Looks or Brains - me brains, husband looks! (Just kidding.) I enjoy most being with people who are my intellectual equal more than just another pretty face.
10. Cable, DSL, or Dial-Up - Cable, but would prefer DSL if it was available to us.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?