Bits 'n Pieces:
- It snowed just enough to cover 'the ugly' last night. It's been rainy but winter and gloomy with nothing green anywhere. At least the snow brightens things up.
- I'm so glad I got my 26 Things for December done. No, I wasn't aiming to 'beat' anybody at it... it just sort of happened. Looking forward to yours!
- Been exercising faithfully ever since the new year began. It's important to keep up good habits and this one started with physical therapy so it's pretty much all therapy exercises.
- Gift certificates are fun... I'm using mine just a bit at a time, starting with these pilate bands. Thanks kids!
- Just as Christmas decorations look great, it's kind of nice to have them all stashed away again.
- A couple of Christmas decorations - gifts this year - will probably be displayed year-round. They are just too special to put away for eleven months!
- Gingersnap cookies when homemade, just can't be beat. I hope this becomes a tradition with Windy.
- Otto really can bake after all!
- I was planning to freeze all the leftover holiday goodies but decided against it. Chocolate doesn't spoil that easily and it will be a good exercise in self control.
Oh! almost forgot! I finally answered this week's Monday Madness
1. The most exciting thing that happened in your life this past year.
knee replacement surgery... it has already improved my quality of life.
2. Three resolutions that you've thought about making.
get more exercise... lose some weight... start gardening again.
3. Your biggest accomplishment this past year.
was instrumental in getting people in my neighborhood to stand up for themselves against terrorist tactics of environmental extremists.
4. Your biggest challenge this past year.
see above... 2 and 3.
5. Something you tried for the first time (whether it be food, a sport, a hobby, etc.)
hmmm... I'm not sure...
...and this next one comes from Andrea...
6. Name 3 (or however many) things that happened this year that you did not anticipate happening. And on the flip side, name 3 (or however many) things that didn't happen this year that you expected to happen. These could be personal things, professional things, national things, things in the news; anything really.
3 I didn't anticipate... 1. got another boat; 2. met with legislators and our Lt. Governor; 3. had my knee operation. 3 that didn't happen that I thought would... 1. Finish wall work in cottage; 2. redo our bedroom at home; 3. hmmm...
...and this one comes from Storyteller...
7. Where do you (or WOULD you) go for inspiration when you run out of questions for a meme?
ooooo! not easy, i'm not sure...
8. Something you'd like to accomplish (or do) this coming year that you didn't get a chance to do last year.
the bedroom project!!! I'm working on it now.
Comments: Post a Comment