Ya' know, I used to say 'Happy Holidays' and 'Seasons Greetings' and such - more or less because it does encompass all the seasonal holidays, I guess. Now however, since the ACLU has declared everything related to Christ, Christmas and the Christian religion 'politically incorrect' - I tend to say 'Merry Christmas' instead. It's a sad state of affairs when the majority is downtrodden by a small group of demagogic destroyers of all that has been sacred for centuries!
For those who think the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) is for 'the people' you should know the organization was started in 1920 by a Communist back when Communism vowed to conquor the world! They say they are 'Advocating individual rights by litigating, legislating, and educating the public on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom.'
I read about that fact somewhere else but my googling effort today brought me to Diane Dew's website. Read it - PLEASE!!! Maybe some of the people belonging to ACLU think they are doing the right thing for 'mankind' but the leaders and really active member KNOW what they are doing... and it is not for the good of the majority!
It's not beginning to look like Christmas yet around my house, but at least I'm thinking about it! Perhaps as I move some of the boxes of dishes for the spring rummage sale downstairs I will move some of the Christmas boxes upstairs! Not accustomed to doing things all by myself but it's doable...(sp?)
Wanna thank Kevvy for the logical explanation for occasional doorbell ringing! (So my special spirit is taking advantage of the local airwaves, eh?)
Now for a bit of Monday Madness!
1. When is the last time you moved? Summer 1960 - when OttO (our 5th child) was a baby.
2. How many times in your life have you moved? in my married life, 6 times...all in our first five years of marriage!!!
3. In your opinion, what is the worst thing about moving? It's been so long I don't remember but based on my kids moving... and just the thought of ME moving, I would say - all the decision making as to what to keep and what to get rid of... and oh, yes - the work!!!
4. What is the most exciting thing about moving? new faces (neighbors) and new spaces (the house/apartment)
5. If you've lived in the same place all your life, do you plan to move in the future? I don't think so.
6. Do you WANT to move somewhere else; if so, where? Not really... I like the four seasons even though winter is a bit tooooooo long!
If you still need convincing; if you really want to know more; if you have time - you should also read:
- ACLU Founder a Communist Ideologue Bent on Uprooting Judeo-Christian Foundation of America
- How the ACLU is destroying America using your money
- America's Communist Lawyers' Union
- ROGER BALDWIN: FOUNDER, AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION 1884-1981
I just like to back up what I tell you so you know it's real... not just 'my version' of something!
Love you all! =)
to Sharba - Yup - no matter who ways it - the ACLU pushes for the disgruntled few (many who are disgruntled because they LIKE being oppositional) against the majority!
Kaybee darlin' - Remember the 'Martha disagreement?' Open your mind. The ACLU is for atheism, for any church's celebration except the Christian one, for killing full-term babies before they are 'born', for porn on television and in kid's games, and much more! Read those articles I gave you! They are against everything I consider good. They are extremists for the sake of extremism. I don't agree with Falwell or Robertson either. They are also extremists.
Nat - I read your blog today... GOOD ONE!
" Nobody there, no extra footsteps in the snow, nada! My scientific part went out and checked to see if it still has the same tune... yup... tune plus a beep! "
WD 40 solved a similiar problem for me....I am a grandma .. my dorbell rang often in the middle of the night...thought it was the prank of kids...
Solved the problem with WD 40. Go out and grease the doorbell with WD 40 and it has not rung on it's won since