They're my questions so I'd better not delay...
This week's questions come from one of our very FAITHFUL
participants (and she happens to be my mother), sherle. Thanks,
1. Do you make New Year's resolutions? If so, what is your most
important one? Yes, sort of... This year I've vowed to use the phone lots more often!!! After all, friends and family are only a few numbers away. I think I don't use the phone often because using the phone was a very important part of my jobs over the years... so I sort of avoided it.
2. Easter is coming. Many Christians give up something for Lent.
Do you give something up for any reason (or season)? What is it
this year? Grades 6-12 I attended a Christian school and always gave something up for Lent and Advent. Sort of did so raising my kids but only during their younger years. Of course my church used to require certain food restrictions during some seasons, so this made it easier to do. I think this year I will reinstate some of the food restrictions for myself because they are healthy habits anyway!These restrictions include no eating between meals and no meat on certains days.
3. Do you watch the Super Bowl? If so, do you watch it with a
group? If not, what do you do while the game is on? Anything
special? NO.. haven't been a sports fan since highschool but when the husband was alive I would sort of get interested in who was winning and losing. Neither of us ever really felt it necessary to watch the whole thing or make a party of it however... usually just tuned in now and again to see what was happening. I continue that tradition. I'll probably watch some movies I've saved on Moxie/DVR.
4. Would you miss Monday Madness if it stopped permanently? YES!!! Don't stop please!!!!
5. Name at least one theme for MM questions. Share at least one
question for that theme. Here are a few: Pets, Phobias, Habits - bad or good, Hobbies, Fears, Joys, Siblings, Relationships, Holidays, Blue Days, Traditions, Memories - childhood or whatever, blah blah blah... didn't know I'd think of so many and I'm sure there are more. Okay, blue days... What makes you feel blue and how do you overcome it... or do you just suffer?
monday madness - late but...
Otto is back and she says, 'I hope everyone's new year is going well. I had planned on getting back to Monday Madness on New Year's Day, but obviously I haven't been posting. I apologize and hope you still play!'
1. Did you make any resolutions this year? Sort of...
2. If so, which one do you think you'll really stick to? If not, is there something you're going to try harder to accomplish? I decided I will make more phone calls this year - especially to family members... my kids, my mom and my sisters. It's harder than you think - I'm sort of lacking when it comes to phone stuff... but will really work at it this year! Also, I just went hunting for and found my list of ten things I would do if I had more time (a MM challenge in October). I plan on working on that list this year too!!!
3. Do you have a fear of any small rodents/insects/etc? If so, please share. Not so much a fear but I just don't like such vermin. Now that I'm a 'mature woman' I watch out for all small critters when I'm mowing the lawn... even to wait for a little snake or frog to get out of my way, but when I was younger... I was very pregnant for my first child when surprised by a rustling in the bushes near my back door (out in the country) there was a whole nest of little snakes!!! They were harmless garden snakes but wow! what a shocker!
4. Share something exciting that's going on in your life. Sometimes my life is like a soap opera. Where should I begin? I might start sharing some of it here...
5. Did you wonder what happened to Monday Madness these past few weeks? I was worried you might quit doing it. I really missed it actually.
...and this question comes from one of our good friends, tricia:
Do you have a favorite gameshow announcer? I don't really watch any of the new gameshows but I used to watch the one with Vanna White turning letters... I really do NOT like Howie Mandel and never could stand to watch anything he starred in, so I don't watch his 'deal or no deal' show.
Daisy Mae died today. You might think, because I had 5 cats I shouldn't feel so bad when one dies but I do. I hadn't seen her early this morning and after breakfast she was lying on a throw rug in the entry area between the dining room and bathroom. I was able to pet her and comfort her as she died. It must have been a stroke or heart attack.
I put her in her favorite basket and my neighbor came over to get her and said he will bury her today. What would I do without these wonderful people living next door?
We saved Daisy from 'death row' at the animal shelter about 9 years ago. There were lots of kittens there that day but Daisy charmed me. Even the attendant at the shelter asked me if I was sure she was the one I wanted to take home. Of course she was! She chose me! We soon learned however, she was ferral - had been picked up by animal control because people complained about her hunting around their bird feeders.
Doctor Janet showed us where she had been spayed so we know she had a family before going wild. The stitches had never been removed, though, and doctor had quite a job removing them. It took a few years but Daisy gradually became more domestic. She was 'daddy's kitty' and followed him around the house. When he was outdoors, she would follow him inside by watching him from the window or door nearest him. Now she is at peace with him.
I will take in no more strays though. The current count is four and will only go down! I learned how to say 'no' when a 'stray' woman came to my door a few weeks ago... in need of a 'room for the night' but that's another story... God bless!
My last post was...... WHEN???
A couple of days later she actually caught a real one!!! What can I say, I live out in the country and field mice love to move on up to 'house' mice. Yup, the little twerp is only five+ months old and already the mouser of the house!
She is a bundle of activity - in constant motion! See her almost hanging off the Christmas tree? I put it up last minute and took it down as soon as possible after our Christmas get-together! Little Miss Kitty tried like crazy to detach the bottom branches... and yes, she actually does rest occasionally. Of course she prefers serving as centerpiece on the dining room table!
...and just last Friday she had to stay overnight at her doctor's place. Yup, I had her fixed and ya know... she wasn't even broke! The most difficult part is post-op. She had to wear a collar the first night because I couldn't stop her from trying to bite off the stitches. It slowed her down but not much!
So what have I been doing in my 'spare' time? Well one thing was a big ol' update on my website at salascove. Been wanting to do it for a long time and just decided the time is now. Let me know what you think of it.
Another thing I've been wanting to do... getting involved in the stock market again. Just a little bit... it's sort of my 'recreational fund' so it's okay.It's really fun and I've really missed it... having quit 'playing' after September 11, 2001 when everything crumbled.
Hey! did you know there's another 26 Things challenge? I guess there was one in November too but I missed that one. I guess I'm not on the mailing list anymore. Anyway, it looks like a good one! I just might try it. How about you?